The gradual rise in the average temperature of the world known as global warming has since its discovery dominated the major news headlines for a very long time. Numerous publications have been made on the global warming phenomenon. All the media platforms known to man have in one way or the other been used to bring news about global warming to the notice of the entire world population. The news being given to the public do not always side with those who believe that global warming is really inevitable. Some of them are those that purport that the whole global warming thing is nothing but a hoax concocted by some people to deceive the entire world population. However, reading all the news on global warming really helps an individual to make an informed decision with regards to the environment.
With the passing of each day, there are new developments in the climate in different parts of the world and such things need to be reported for each and every one to get access to that piece of information. The total number of information passed out through the various media platforms as news on global warming is very huge. Some of the global warming news that really made the headlines includes;
- Arctic cap slides into the ocean: This was about a satellite capturing the sliding of an ice cap in a remote part of the Arctic. It was also made clear that the ice cap had really been thinning as a result of warm temperatures and from the year 2012 to date, it had thinned about 50 metres and was now travelling very fast.
- Things to know about the Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP): This was about the some of the things that the SMAP, which is to be launched on the 29th of January, could do like measuring the soil moisture of the Earth every three days and producing very high quality images that have never been produced before.
- Warm and dry climatic conditions affecting the forests in California: This news on global warming has to do with botanists who have conducted a research into the forests of California in the 1920s and 1930s and compared their findings with that of today. These botanists found out that the forest have taken a downward plunge as it was realized that the number of trees have kept on decreasing with the passing of each year from the 1930s.
- The ice of Greenland melts at a very fast rate as the weather keeps on getting warmer: This is about the rising average temperatures which will in turn lead to the ice in Greenland melting at an alarming rate. With such melting of ice in Greenland, it will directly lead to the level of the sea rising to new heights bringing with it all sorts of effects for man and the other living things on the Earth.
A lot of these news articles have been circulating the internet with the view to helping create awareness among all people so as to help save the environment from being totally destroyed by various human activities. Further and detailed information on news articles on global warming can be found at climate news.
News on global warming seeks to provide the following;
- Help in informing the whole world about the issues concerning global warming
- Get the latest developments in climate change in certain parts of the world to the remaining parts so that people will get to know what is really happening to our environment through changes in the climate
- Propagate the causes and possible solutions to the global warming and climate change phenomenon so as to get the entire world involved in doing their part to ensure that the world and its atmosphere is made very safe for all life forms
These are just a few of the things that news on global warming seek to achieve, even though there are some news articles being circulated by very few wealthy people trying to debunk all the research findings on climate changes and global warming. The news articles from these people have always been refuted by most scientists with authentic scientific proofs.
Since the day the global warming and climate change were made public, there has always been the problem of having to deal with people trying to throw dust into the eyes of the entire population just to deceive them to think that nothing like global warming was ever going to happen. This however, further prompted the development of new technologies like the SMAP and other state-of-the-art satellites that are able to accurately record all the various changes that occur on the Earth and its atmosphere. Paying a visit to telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/climatechange will give further information on various news articles on global warming.